Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tour Championship - Final Round

Kevin came out to the course early on Sunday to get more treatment on his back. We took a little extra time during the warm up to hit balls. He said it felt better then yesterday but it still was not great. We teed off at 11:45 with JJ Killeen. It was very windy again which made it difficult to get the ball close. Kevin hit the ball well today but we struggled on the greens. He putted so well the first three days but we could not make a putt today. Our only birdie finally came on the 18th when he rolled in a nice 15 foot putt to finish the year. The birdie moved us to -4 for the tournament which was good enough for t-11th.

After the round, the party started. Kevin Sarlo took me up to the STA sky box behind the 18th green to watch the end of the tournament. It took four extra holes to determine the Champion. When play was finished, the top 25 came out to the 18th green for the award ceremony and pictures. When they finished up on the 18th, we all went inside the Clubhouse for the Top 25 PGA Tour Card Ceremony. (I was told this will be aired on the Golf Channel on Wednesday [Nov. 10] at 7pm) Kevin maintained his position finishing 11th on the money list. Following the Card Ceremony, the party continued at the club as a band played outside at the 19th hole. We all had a great time celebrating Kevin's achievements for the year. I'm sorry to say that this 41 year old could not hang with the young guns. As they took the party to downtown Daniel Island, Kevin Sarlo took me home.

I want to thank everyone for their support this year. It was great to finally put faces to the names as many of you came out to watch us this week. I am truly blessed to have worked for Kevin this year and I hope we can continue our run through the PGA Tour. Having played myself, I understand how important it is to have a strong team behind you. I am very excited to see the love and support he has and want you to know that this support is just as important as making a putt. Without either one, he would not be where he is today.

As I move into the "off season", I will be caddying for a good friend, Brennan Webb, at the second stage of Tour School. We will be playing at the Bayonet Club in Seaside, CA during the week of November 15th. I will be continuing to blog my way through Tour School. Check it out.

Here are a few pics from my phone. Not great quality but you thought you might like to see them. If anyone has some pictures of the week that you would like to share, please forward them to duanebock@hotmail.com. Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment