Sunday, February 13, 2011

ATT Pebble Beach Pro-am - Final Round

The unusual format of the pro-am put us out in foursomes today. We were paired with Sean O'hair, Arjun Atwal and John Merrick. Kevin once again drove it awesome. He led the field this week in driving accuracy. (that should solidify his belief on the things he and Rickey Sullivan are working on. Going from last to first in driving accuracy is pretty impressive) We ended up shooting one over par on a very difficult scoring day. Pebble's greens are so firm and fast it was very difficult to get the ball in the correct positions. We had tough up and downs and had to putt defensive most of the day. Our opening nine was almost a carbon copy of our first round at Pebble. We bogeyed the 15th with a three putt and then backed that up with another bogey on 16. But Kevin kept fighting and birdied number 1,2 and 5 to get it back under par for the day. Bogeys on the 7th and 8th to finish the day left us disappointed on a day that "could have been". But, we finished t-39th and know that we are well on our way to bigger and better things.

Kevin is not in the field next week. He was able to fly back home tonight with Mr Rice on his private jet. (we played with Mr Rice during our practice round on Tuesday). As for me, the caddy, I am sitting in San Jose airport waiting for my 7:15pm flight to Phoenix. Then I get to wait 2 hours for my red eye flight that leaves at 12:15am and arrives into Charlotte at 5:50 am tomorrow. But I wouldn't trade for the world. I don't care how, just get me home. I'm looking forward to a week at home!!!

1 comment:

  1. So enjoy reading and keeping up. Thanks for the details Dewey and hang in there Kevin. We are all following you and know GREAT things are ahead.

    ReplyDelete