Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Byron Nelson Championship (Dallas, TX)

My plan was to take the 15 hour drive to Dallas on Sunday but all that changed when I woke up Sunday morning. I woke up early and something was telling me not to drive. I went downstairs, turned on the computer, saw the bad weather across Tennessee, went to US Airways.com and decided to buy a plane ticket. Now that I was flying, I was able to spend Mother's Day at home and I flew out early Monday morning.

I landed just before Kevin in Dallas, so we met at the airport. He was going to spend the day working with his putting instructor, Pat O'Brien. Kevin wanted to work with Pat out on the golf course. Since the Monday pro-am was going, we headed over to Texas Star Country Club and played 18 holes. We had a great day as all three of us played and Pat was able to see Kevin's routine and habits during the round. They made an adjustment with his left hand grip position and also with his thumb position on his right hand. It was the perfect way to get a lesson and we had a very productive day.

Tuesday morning we played a practice round with Garrett Willis, Andres Gonzales and Stephen Gangluff. Kevin's tempo was just a little off but he rolled it great all day. After the round, we went to the range and he starting hitting it fine. We finished the day with some putting matches with Garrett Willis and Tommy Gainey.

Tomorrow we are heading over to the Nike facility (The Oven) for some practice.

1 comment: