Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tour School Finals - First Round

It has been a tough few weeks. I drove home from Second Stage in Houston, TX and within two days, the entire family had the flu. We spent Thanksgiving week in the bed or on the couch. I flew out here to Palm Springs on Saturday but I'm still feeling the effects from the flu. I have not been able to regain my strength and have been extremely tired every night. So, with that being said, I'm going to try and keep the blogs short.

Kevin had three great practice days leading up to the first round today. We played the Nicklaus Tournament course and the weather was perfect. Kevin got off to a nice start, making the turn in three under. Things turned a little sloppy on the back. After going for the par five, 11th, we finished pin high right in two shots. Playing the third shot from a deep valley, Kevin's pitch shot was hit "thin" and shot across the green into a green side bunker. We were unable to get that up and down, finishing the hole with a bogey six. Two more bogeys and one birdie gave us a two over back nine and one under (71) for the round. 

After the round, we had some lunch and then practiced. We switch over to the Dye Stadium course tomorrow, so I went out and walked the course; checking pin positions, figuring out a game plan, etc. Kevin was still practicing when I finished. The sun was setting and it was getting dark, so we both called it a day. After a quick dinner and shower, it is time for a long nights rest. We tee off tomorrow at 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment