Sunday, May 5, 2013

Athens, GA (Round Four) - Cancelled

The heavy rain continued through the night. When I woke up this morning, a steady drizzle was still falling from the sky. After some breakfast, I packed my bags and checked out of the hotel. While I was driving to the golf course, I received a text from the Tour stating tee times were delayed one hour. Since I already checked out of the hotel, I decided to just go out to the club and hang out. When I arrived, things weren't looking good when I saw caddy parking was under water and a river running through the ninth fairway. 

The official word came just before 11:00 that the golf course was not going to be playable and final round was cancelled. The tournament was going to be an official 54 hole event. Unlike the PGA Tour, the Web.Com Tour does not extend tournaments into Monday finishes. The only way the Web.Com Tour would go into Monday would be if over half the field completes the final round. Web.Com Tour policy states it will never start a final round knowing it could not be completed by days end. So that means our two under par total gives us a t-13th finish.

We are off again next week and then it is the BMW Pro-am in Greenville, SC. It will be a proam event played on three different courses on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The cut will be made after Saturdays round and then the final round on Sunday. Thanks for all of the support from everyone that came out this week. It was cold, windy and wet but it was nice to see everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment