Saturday, June 1, 2013

Mid-Atlantic Championship - Round Three

It was another roller coaster day. After starting with two solid pars, the next 16 holes was an adventure. We had two eagles, three birdies, six bogeys and two doubles. The grand total came to a three over par round (73). It moved us from a tie for 12th into a tie for 21st with one day left. I know these last two days have been crazy looking at the scorecards but it's really all because of the type/style of course we are playing. It's the type of course that if you don't hit a good shot, making a par is next to impossible. But at the same time, it's fair because if you do hit good shots, birdies and eagles can be made.

The Tour has moved up the tee times tomorrow because of the threat of afternoon thunderstorms. Tees time will be split tees starting at 7:22am. We will be teeing off in the second group on number one at 7:34 with Tyrone Van Aswegen and Billy Mayfair. 

Kevin has the final stage (36 holes) of the US Open qualifier on Monday in Rockville, MD. We will be playing the North and South Course at Woodmont CC. I'm hoping the early start tomorrow will allow me enough time to go over to Woodmont and get in some course work. I played this qualifier back in 2005 but I do not remember much about the courses. I'm actually really looking forward to Monday because I have some great memories from Woodmont. It was the last time my dad watched me compete as a professional and he actually caddied for me here in 2005 at the age of 74. He has been pretty sick lately, spending last week in the hospital ICU, so I'm sure it will be pretty emotional for me walking around here one more time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment