Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Leaving Kansas City heading to Jackson, MS

We spent Sunday afternoon in Salt Lake City practicing and getting ready for this week. We both flew out Monday to Kansas City but I did not arrive until 8:00pm. Kevin got in early and went out to the golf course for some practice. He ended up wanting to play nine holes, so thanks to my roommate, Benji Thompson, he had a caddy for the nine holes. When I arrived Monday evening into Kansas City, Kevin text me saying we were 9th alternate for the PGA Tour event in Jackson, MS.
He said to plan on going if we got into the event.

I met Kevin at the golf course this morning at 7:00am for an early nine hole practice round. By the time we finished our nine holes, we moved up to the third alternate for Jackson. Since Kevin had an off site commitment this afternoon, we hit a few balls before he had to leave. It wasn't long after Kevin left the course when the call came in to tell him we were in the field for Jackson. So I headed back to the hotel, bought a flight, packed, and headed back to the airport.

I'll get into Jackson tonight about midnight and will met Kevin sometime tomorrow. I'm excited to have this opportunity and I'm looking forward to a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment