Thursday, November 14, 2013

McGladrey Recap / Mexico Update

As most of you know, we had a good week at Sea Island for the McGladrey. It was great seeing everyone that made it out and I appreciated all the thoughts and prayers. I am happy to say that last Sunday was my first pain free day since my fall seven weeks ago and I continue to feel great here in Mexico.

Last week at the McGladrey, Kevin finished t-20th with rounds of 65, 73, 70, 66. We struggled a little off the tee but we managed it well and Kevin hit his irons great. The middle two rounds were solid but we were just a little off on the greens with the reads. Kevin hit good putts but we were just slightly off and had a run of 27 holes without a birdie during the middle two rounds.

After the round on Sunday, I drove back to Charlotte, NC and met the family for the night near the airport. We were able to have a late dinner together and I flew out Monday morning for Mexico. I met Kevin on Tuesday and we began our preparation for the week. Even though the "rainy season" has officially ended, they are still getting a lot of rain down here and it looks like it will continue this week. Right now (Thursday morning), we are in a weather delay. Our scheduled tee time today was 12:05 with Scott Gardiner and Andrew Loupe but it looks like that will be delayed. With rain forecast all week it looks like it could be a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment