Monday, October 4, 2010

Soboba Classic - Miss Cut / Traveling Home

Well, we waited all morning to find out we missed the cut by one shot. Second round play resumed Saturday morning at 7:15am with ideal conditions. It was about 11:30 when the second round was completed and too late to try and change any flights. Kevin decided to head out to the course to do some practicing. We spent a few hours on the range working on ball striking. Kevin spent the entire session working on getting the club "more up" on the back swing. When he did his drills, he hit the ball excellent. Kevin said this drill was nothing new. He has spent many hours working on this drill in the past. He had a lot of improvement by the end of his practice session. After our range session, we went to the putting green. Kevin putted very well this week so we did not work on anything. He just wanted to get some reps so we actually had a little putting contest.....which I lost $25 by the end of the day. (he bought my dinner so he actually lost on the deal!!!)

Today has been spent trying to get home. We are playing in Chattanooga, TN next week so we are both going home for a day. My original flight was scheduled to leave Ontario, CA at 7:10pm connecting in Phoenix to the red eye flight to Charlotte, NC arriving at 6:00am Monday morning. USAir allows me to travel stand-by on earlier flights at no charge. So when I woke up this morning, I called USAir and they told me that there was a flight leaving Ontario at 12:15pm connecting in Phoenix which will get into Charlotte at 9:30pm. They said space was limited but I should be able to get on. Well.....they were wrong. I was able to get on the flight to Phoenix but the flight to Charlotte was full. So...I have been in the Phoenix airport since 2:00pm waiting for my red eye flight leaving at 11:30pm. At this very moment, I have been in Phoenix for 6 hrs and have 3.5 hrs more until my flight. Fun, fun, fun...but I had to give it a try. It would have been great to make it home tonight so it was worth the effort.

As for Kevin and Brittany, they are scheduled on the red eye out of Ontario tonight and will get back to Augusta tomorrow morning. Kevin will spend Monday and Tuesday at home practicing and we plan on meeting in Chattanooga Tuesday night.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment