Monday, October 25, 2010

Tour Championship - Daniel Island, SC (Monday)

After missing the cut last week in Jacksonville, I decided to spend the weekend at my parents house. I was able to play some golf with my Dad and help Mom out around the house. Kevin ended up driving back home to Aiken and spent the weekend home.

I woke up early this morning and drove to Daniel Island from Jacksonville. It was about a 4 1/2 hour drive and I pulled in a little after 10am. Kevin was planning on arriving around lunch so I went out and walked a few holes before he arrived. I met Kevin just before noon. He had some lunch, registered, signed flags, did interviews, etc, etc, etc. There was a lot of things for him to do before we started practicing. But that is all good!! It's nice to be ranked 11th coming into the Tour Championship and have to take care of a few business things.

After hitting some warm up balls, we played nine holes with William McGirt. Because of the layout of this golf course, the ninth hole does not return to the clubhouse. We played holes 1 and 2 and then skipped over to the 12th hole and played through the 18th. It rained on and off on us while we played. After the round we went to the putting green and worked on his stroke. Kevin worked with the "putting arc". He felt his stroke was getting too far to the inside on the back swing which was producing toe hits on the putter. The "arc" help him find the correct path. After putting for about an hour, we finished up on the range. Kevin is really liking how his swing feels. While we were on the range, the Tour blew the horn to suspend all play and practice due to a thunderstorm that was near the course.

Kevin gets a brand new BMW SUV to drive for the week that is provided by the Tournament. He is staying at his sister's house this week. I am staying will a long time friend, Kevin Sarlo, that has moved here to Daniel's Island from East Hampton, NY. Kevin's younger brother, Michael, was my best friend growing up in East Hampton. Michael will be flying down on Wednesday to spend the week. My family is also coming in on Thursday. It's going to be a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment