Monday, March 14, 2011

Puerto Rico Open - Final Round

Daylight savings got us anyway!! I'm staying with Kevin this week and I had my watch alarm set for 5:30am, Kevin had his phone set at 5:40am. His alarm goes off and he rolls over, looks over at me (still sleeping) and says, "how's that 5:30 alarm treating you bigg'in"? I gave my watch a check and it tells me that it is only 4:40am. I look at our hotel alarm clock but it says 5:40am. Not understanding what was going on with my watch, I get up, shower and get dressed. Kevin is right behind me. We both leave the room about 6:20,  I look around and say "boy it is awful dark out here." I knew something was not right because the last two day it was light outside when we left for the course. When I got down to the front desk, I asked "que hora es?" and sure enough, it was only 5:20am. How we doing?? I guess Kevin's phone and the hotel alarm clock automatically reset for daylight saving even though Puerto Rico does not observe daylight savings. So anyway, we were not late for our tee time this morning!!

Today was the same story as the last few days. The ball striking was not solid but Kevin dug deep and found a way to shoot 3 under par. The 4 under total was good enough for a t-42 finish. Even though Kevin is extremely frustrated with the week of ball striking, we must take the positives and remember he just finished 42nd in a PGA Tour event hitting the ball poorly. Just think what we can do when he hits it well!! It also shows us the importance of a solid short game. On a week that he could have packed it in, he showed us a little guts and got it done.

We are not the the field for the Transitions Championship in Tampa this week. Kevin and I are meeting on Tuesday in Charleston and we will be working with his instructor, Rickey Sullivan for the day. Our plans are to play in the Nationwide event in LaFayette, LA next week which is being played opposite the Bay Hill Arnold Palmer Invitational. Or, just maybe,  Mr. Palmer will call and give us an exemption?? Not planning on it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment