Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wells Fargo Championship (Charlotte, NC) - Practice

Home Game. Living about an hour away, I am planning on commuting this week. Kevin played in a Pro-am on Monday in GA, so I spent the day at Quail Hollow doing course work. Finishing up around 4pm, I was able to get home in time for my daughter Albany's first softball game of the season.

On Tuesday, my friend Dennis Woolard came down to Charlotte with me. We met Kevin and his instructor, Rickey, at 9:30 on the range. After warming up, we played a practice round with Garrett Willis, Ryuji Imada, and Jeff Overton. I put Dennis to work and he was "The Caddy's Caddy" today and carried the bag for me. We all had a blast and Kevin was able to get some good work in. After the round, we went back to the range and continued to work on grooving the swing. Kevin had a great session on the range and then we did some short game and putting work. With the sun setting, Kevin wanted to test it out a little more on the golf course, so we headed out and played three more holes. We had a great day of practice and my buddy Dennis was thrilled about his day but also worn out.

Today (Wednesday) was a great day for me. Kevin wanted to play and decided to make the hour drive to Morganton with Rickey and play at my club, Mimosa Hills. Everyone at the club was excited to have a PGA Tour pro coming to play for the day. I invited Mitchell McGlamery, a young inspiring tour pro, to join us. Mitchell will be making his professional debut in three weeks on the Carolinas Pro Golf Tour and I felt it was a great opportunity for him to spend the day with Kevin. Kevin was extremely gracious as many of the members came out to say hello or watch a few holes. It was a special day.

We tee off late tomorrow at 2:10 on number 1. I looking forward to a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment