Wednesday, July 6, 2011

John Deere Classic - Tuesday and Wednesday

We met up around noon on Tuesday. Did a little practice and then went out for a practice round. We played with Garrett Willis and Jim Herman. We noticed the greens were much firmer this afternoon then they were yesterday. I'm sure with the cooler temperatures forecast for the week, the Tour will put minimal water on them and firm it up even more by Thursday. After our practice round, we went for some more range work. The Nike staff also wanted to make sure the new ball was performing for Kevin, so they tested a few 7 irons and drivers on the launch monitor. The numbers were exactly what we were seeing on the course. The new ball will be put into play this week.

When I left Kevin last night, we had the plan of playing an early morning nine hole practice round before the pro-am. I woke up at 4:30, showered, dressed and headed out to the club. At 5:30, as I sat in caddy parking, waiting for the shuttle to the clubhouse, I decided to look at my phone. I noticed a text message from Kevin. He sent it last night, it said "sleep in and ill c u abt 9". How am I doing? Nothing like showing up to work 3 1/2 hours early!! Last night I went to bed early...never heard my phone...never thought about checking it for messages. Since my hotel is about 20-25 minutes away, I decide to head over to Denny's for breakfast. Killed as much time as I could, read the paper, pondered the Caylee Anthony Trial, posted on facebook, checked twitter, etc, etc. Finally 9am rolled around and we had our normal Wednesday practice routine. Kevin is swinging it good and rolling it good.

We tee off tomorrow afternoon at 1:55 on number 10 with Fran Quinn and Monday qualifier, Brain Maurer. Time to make some birdies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment