Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sony Open Recap

It was a week where we did lots of good things but just made too many mistakes. After 36 holes, Kevin totaled 11 birdies but had nine bogeys and one double to go with it. His even par total (72-68) missed the cut by one shot. With seven weeks off from competition, the mistakes could be summed up by being a little "rusty". His touch around the greens was a little off and led to nine missed up and downs and two three putts over the two days. For the most part, his long game was solid considering we come to a golf course that he has struggled on in years past. Considering everything, we leave this week in a good frame of mind and feeling good about the weeks ahead.

With the weekend off and next week's tournament in Palm Springs being played on three different golf courses, we both looked at changing our flights and heading out early. Kevin was able to make the change and left Hawaii yesterday (Saturday) but I could not get out. I'm still on my original flight tonight and will not be able to get to Palm Springs until Monday afternoon. Fortunately for me, my nephew, David, is stationed in the Army here on Oahu and I've been able to spend some time with him over the last few days. I guess there are worse places then Hawaii to be "stuck".

No comments:

Post a Comment