Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Start of 2014 - Sony Open (Waikiki Beach, HI)

It's time to start 2014 and it looks like it came just in time. As most of you have been experiencing sub freezing temperatures, we start the year off in Hawaii. Kevin and I both traveled on Sunday but my day was a little longer then expected. I started out early with a 6am flight out of Charlotte only to arrive in Houston to learn that my flight to Hawaii was cancelled. After a 12hr layover, I finally arrived in Honolulu at 1:30am making it a 27 hour travel day.

After a few hours of sleep, I met Kevin Monday morning to begin our preparation for the Sony Open. Kevin worked hard over the break and is in great shape coming to Hawaii. We have struggled the past two years we played here but Kevin had two great practice rounds on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was a nice light practice session in the morning and he is ready to get started. Our tee time today is 1:10 with Ben Martin and Wil Wilcox.

No comments:

Post a Comment