Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mylan Classic Tuesday Practice Day

The Mylan Classic is a new event just south of Pittsburgh, PA. Kevin was arriving to the course around noon so I had to leave the house at 5am. I packed and put everything in the car last night so all I had to do was get up, shower, and leave. The 4:30 wake up alarm wasn't too tough since I went to bed with the kids last night at 8:20pm. The drive up took about 7 hours and I pulled in to the course noon. Kevin's flight landed about 11:30 and he was at the course by 12:30. We had lunch and then he had some treatment on his back. He was complaining about a sore back last week and it has not improved.

After his treatment, he practiced putting and then went straight out for a practice round. We are not in the pro-am tomorrow so we played all 18 this afternoon. This course is extremely hilly and will be the hardest walk we have all year. Since we are only going to see this place once before the tournament, we spent extra time around the greens, chipping, putting, and charting the breaks of the greens. I also had to get all of the elevation changes on each hole, noting all of the adjustment yardages for the uphill and downhill slopes. It takes a lot of time to do all of this so we did not walk off of the golf course until 7:30.

My hotel this week is about 25 minutes away from the course. I'm staying near the Pittsburgh airport at a Four Points Sheraton. It's a little nicer then last weeks Jameson Inn!! I decided to stop at Chick-Fil-A for dinner and bring it back to the room. Its been a long day and I was in no mood to sit down in a restaurant. I'm tired and ready for bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment