Sunday, August 29, 2010

Round Four Knoxville Open

Off at 8:33 this morning with Andrew Buckle. We had a great ball striking day - hitting all 18 greens. Unfortunately, we had a poor putting day. Three 3-putts with three 1-putt greens adds up to 36 putts total. Kevin struggled with his speed today starting right from the first hole. The greens early in the day were still alittle wet from the dew and they were rolling slower then the first three days. When they dried out, we continued to struggle. But in the big  picture, we made the cut, made big progress with the ball striking, and can now build on this into next weeks tournament.

After the round, I drove back to Morganton. Picked up the kids and went out to my club for the Parent Child Tournament. I played with Alex (4 yrs old) and my Dad played with Albany (7 yrs old). It was a three hole alternate shot format for the 7 and under age group. Alex and I shot 13 for three hole and won the age group. Albany and her Pop Pop shot 16 for the three holes and finished 2nd. We all had a great time.

I'll be home tomorrow and will drive up to Pittsburgh on Tuesday morning. Looking forward to a day at home with my parents and family. My wife, Geraldine turned 40 today and we did not have much of a birthday party for her. Maybe I can think of something to do with her tomorrow. At least the kids and I brought her home some hardware for the wall!! Happy Birthday Mom!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Great pix. Of course great swings! Happy Birthday to Geraldine.

    ReplyDelete