Thursday, August 25, 2011

Knoxville Open - Nationwide Tour

Kevin went home after the Wyndham Championship on Sunday. He took Monday off and I played in the NC mid-am qualifier in Winston Salam, NC. I'm happy to say that as bad as my game has been, I was able to shoot one over par (73) and qualified. I now have two weeks to get ready. The NC Mid-Am is being played at River Run CC in Davidson, NC on Sept. 9-11. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Kevin and I arrived in Knoxville on Tuesday afternoon. We hit a few balls and then went out for a nine hole practice round. On Wednesday, we played off site at Rarity Point with Garrett Willis, Andres Gonzales, Keith Nolan, and few other of Garrett's friends. Unfortunately for Kevin, he had me as a partner and we got "killed". It was not fun.

But that all changed today and we had fun shooting 8 under 64. Kevin was in control. He only miss hit two shots all day. Both of those misses were iron shots that needed to be hit full with a draw. He got ahead of them and hit blocks with no turn to the left. But they were both left in decent positions. He was able to get the first one up and down and made a long birdie putt with the other. Kevin putted great. He received a tip from good friend, Scott Brown earlier in the week. He made an adjustment in his setup and he rolled it great. He made 9 birdies and had two great par saving putts on our 11th and 18th holes which kept the round intact.

We tee off tomorrow at 1:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment