Saturday, February 4, 2012

Waste Management Phoenix Open - Round 3

Our tee time this morning was 10:20 on number 10 with Bill Lunde and JJ Killeen. Kevin struggled all day with his ball striking. He has been driving the ball great over the past three weeks but we were only able to hit three fairways today with the driver. We topped that off with only hitting 5 greens. His short game kept us in it for most of the day but we went to the well too many times and it finally caught up with us on our back nine.

After the round, we went to work on the range. Kevin has been working hard with his instructor but his swing keys today took him out of rhythm and his body and arms were out of sync most of the day. By the end of our range session, Kevin was back in sync and his body looked great through the ball.

We finished our practice with some short game and putting. Kevin was getting a kick out of the drunk rowdy crowds hanging around the practice greens so he wanted to give me a taste of what it has been like for him. He challenged me to a putting contest with drunk college kids watching. It did not take long and I had kids yelling at me about my calves, my poor putting skills, telling where to hit each putt, etc. I lost the match but it was fun none the less.

We tee off tomorrow at 10:15 with Brandt Snedeker and John Merrick

No comments:

Post a Comment