Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Wedding - Brittany and Kevin

It was an incredible weekend. I once again have to thank the Kisner Family and DeJarnett Family for hosting an unforgettable weekend. Things got started on Friday morning as I met Kevin, along with his family and friends at the UGA golf course. We all played 18 holes as Kevin joined in and played about 3 holes with each group. After some lunch at the club, I headed to the hotel for a much needed nap before the rehearsal dinner. The rehearsal dinner was at The Georgia Theatre (the place where Kevin and Brittany first met). I was able to catch up with family and friends and also meet so many others that mean so much to Kevin and Brittany. My highlight of the night came when I found out that I was seated at the table with Uncle Jim and his family, Aunt Susan and Kevin's Grandparents. It was an honour to spend the evening with them and share the stories about Kevin. You may have noticed that I have changed the picture on the homepage. I was told by Kevin's Grandfather that "he has seen the backside of my kid for long enough!! It was about time that I turned that handsome young man around!!" He once again reminded me to "turn him around" on Saturday night at the reception when my family was able to met him in person. So, here you go Grandpa Kisner, I have turned them around for you!!

Geraldine had to wait for the kids to get out of school on Friday so they did not arrive until late Friday night. We woke up Saturday morning and I took them for a tour around UGA. Our first stop was at the UGA golf course. They were exited to see the team photo of "Mr. Kevin" and his NCAA National Championship Team along with the other history around the clubhouse. From there, we went to campus to walk around. We visited the bookstore along with all the sport complexes. It was a neat way to spend the morning. After some lunch, it was time for a little rest before the Wedding.

The Wedding Ceremony was perfect. Brittany was absolutely stunning and Kevin looked pretty good too. It was a beautiful ceremony. Afterwards, the reception was at The Taylor-Grady House. To see all the love and support these two kids have was so impressive. We all had a wonderful time celebrating their marriage. It was amazing.

As for our golf schedule, we are not in the field for the Bay Hill Invitational next week. We will be close to getting into the Shell Houston Open the week following Bay Hill. Kevin has signed up for the Monday Qualifier in Houston so we are planning on doing the qualifier if we do not get into the field.

Thanks again to every one that introduced themselves this weekend and thanked me for the blog. I am overwhelmed by the amount of people that read the blog and actually enjoy it, looking forward to it each week. I look forward to seeing you all sometime in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to meet you too. Thanks for the blog and I know you and Brit will keep our boy in line! Not that he really needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone was talking last night about how wonderful your blog is and how they loved the wedding write up. Thanks for writing about the wonderful weekend. I enjoyed meeting you! Donna Jones

    ReplyDelete