Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Canadian Open (Hamilton, Ontario) - Travel and Practice

Monday was a long day for both of us. Kevin's flight out of Jackson, MS was scheduled for 6:00am. After boarding the plane, they all had to come off because of mechanical issues. Long story short, Kevin finally arrived in Canada and got to a hotel around midnight.

I got home about 11pm Sunday night and my Monday got started by watching my kids play in the Western NC Junior. They did great. Albany (9) won the girls 11 and under division and Alex (6) finished 3rd playing with the 11 and under boys. After their tournament, they took me to the airport and my day was just getting started. I decided to fly into Buffalo, NY and then drive over to Hamilton, Ontario. After my delays, I finally arrived into Buffalo at midnight but my luggage decided not to come with me. After filling out the proper customs paper work, getting my rental car, and driving across the border; I made it to my hotel room at 3:00am. Even though it was all a pain, I am just thankful to arrive safely.

The plan was to meet Kevin around noon at the club. I woke up at 8:00 and headed out to find a Walmart to buy the necessaries I needed for the day. I needed shoes, socks, underwear, and a belt. Thankfully, I wore solid shorts and a collared shirt on the plane so I decided to wear those same clothes today. We played our practice round with Bud Cauley, Brain Harman and Hunter Hamrick. Kevin played well, hitting the ball much better today. After the round, we went to the range and worked on the same keys we had all day. It was a good session.

Tomorrow we will have the normal Wednesday routine. We plan on meeting about 10 in the morning. Our tee times this week will be 1:50 Thursday and 8:50 Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment