Friday, October 11, 2013

Frys.Com Open - Round One

We just played our first round of the new season without a birdie. Kevin played well today in some tough late day conditions. The temps were cool, the wind was gusty and playing in the final group, the greens were bumpy. He managed to hit 14 greens but was unable to convert the putts and finished the day with 34 total putts. If we just continue giving ourselves the opportunities, we'll be fine tomorrow.

When we finished the round, it was almost dark so we just packed the bag up and headed out. My back was OK for most of the day but I started getting back spasms on the last four holes. With the rounds taking almost 5 1/2 hours to play, I should have brought my medicine with me. I decided to just pick up some dinner and get back to the room to get some medicine. Now, after a shower and taking my medication, I'm starting to feel better. I'm hoping a good night sleep will have me ready to go again in the morning. We tee off tomorrow at 8:50 on number one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment