Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Start of the 2013-14 PGA Tour Season (Fry's.Com Open)

The PGA Tour season is here already. After finishing the Web.Com Tour Finals in Jacksonville, FL, we only had one week off before the start of the new season. It was a good week. My parents came back to North Carolina with me from Jacksonville and spent the week with us at home. The kids were excited to see their grandparents and it was nice to have some help around the house. I took a little tumble while caddying in Jacksonville and did something to my back. Not being able to do much, my dad spent most of the days outside helping with yard work. I'm a little embarrassed to say but my yard hasn't looked this good in two years (the last time he was able to visit!!!).

I flew out here (San Jose, CA) on Sunday and met Kevin Monday morning. We spent a few hours practicing before playing in the afternoon pro am. Tuesday's schedule was much like Monday with a good morning practice session and then an afternoon practice round with James Driscoll, Will MacKenzie and Andres Gonzales. Today was the normal PGA Tour Wednesday practice day for us. Not being able to play the course, spent most of the practice time around the chipping green and practice bunker before finishing the day with some range work and putting. Kevin struggled the last few weeks with his ball striking but showed up here hitting it much better. 

We tee off tomorrow at 1:30 on number 10 with Will Claxton and David Carr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment