Friday, October 18, 2013

Las Vegas - Round One

Kevin had a great work week. We meet Monday afternoon and had a great practice session with his teacher, John Tillery. Tuesday we played a practice round with Tommy Gainey, Blake Adams and Scott Brown. Kevin is swinging well. We also worked with the Taylor Made guys and got into a better driver and 3 wood. Wednesday we had two practice sessions. One in the morning and the another after lunch. We put in some extra time in the bunkers this week and Kevin was starting to feel better about his bunker play.

Thursday's round was all about patience. We missed a few opportunities early and Kevin's patience was wearing thin. Two sloppy three putts and a flier out of the rough was our only miss steps to the day. A round that could have been an easy four under turned into an even par round (71).

Once again, my back started acting up about halfway through the round. By the time we reached our 14th hole, it was difficult for me to pick the bag up and get it on my shoulder. The pain was so intense the last few holes I was even having trouble breathing. After the round, Kevin was selected for drug testing so we only hit a few putts, making sure his fundamentals were good, and called it a night.

At about 9:30 last night, not feeling any better, I realized there was just no possible way I was going to be able to caddy. Kevin's long time friend, David Robinson is here caddying for Blake Adams. Blake had to WD due to a hip injury before the first round, so we decided it would be best for David to caddy the rest of the week for me. It's killing me not to be able to caddy today but I didn't want Kevin to be playing and have to worry about me. This is the first day I have ever missed a day of work but I woke up this morning and struggled to even take a shower. I have booked a flight home this afternoon. I'm  looking forward to finding out what is going on and getting ready for Sea Island, GA in a few weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment