Monday, September 13, 2010

Boise Open - Monday Practice

After missing the cut last week, Kevin took the weekend off. Saturday was spent watching College football and yesterday was spent in the car driving up to Boise, ID from Salt Lake City, UT. It was about a five hour drive so I arrived in Boise about 4pm. My hotel this week is much nicer then last week. I'm in a Hyatt Place about 5 minutes from the golf course. My roommate (Randy Dietz - caddies for Jon Mills) flew in about 10:30pm (they took last week off). I picked him up at the airport about 11pm and then came back and went to bed.

I met Kevin this morning around 9am. We warmed up and then played a practice round with Darron Stiles. Kevin loved the course. It is in great shape and the greens are fast. Kevin spent extra time around the greens chipping and putting. We also worked on keeping his arms connected better through the swing.  Last week he talked about hitting alot of shots in the heel of the club. We talked and felt like he could do better keeping his arms connected to his body. To feel this, Kevin played most of his round with a golf glove under his right arm. He started hitting it much better. With his putter, I felt his rhythm was off. He practiced hitting putts with his eyes closed. This really helped him get a better rhythm and flow back into his stroke. With all of this, we had a great day of practice.

Tonight, I'm planning on having a little dinner and watching some MNF. It's kinda cool having MNF coming on at 5pm. I actually have a chance of staying up and watching an entire game!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Keving is off to a great week1 Tell him good luck and we will be pulling for him as usual! Thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops...should have proofed my typing.

    ReplyDelete