Thursday, September 9, 2010

Utah Championship

Monday was a long day. My flight arrived into Salt lake City at 11:00pm (1am est), picked up my rental car, and finally made it to my hotel a little after midnight (2am). I was hoping the reviews I read about my hotel were wrong but when I checked in...it was worse then I expected. Oh well, at least the bed is comfortable!!!

Kevin and I met up on Tuesday a little after lunch. We practiced and then went out for nine holes with Casey Wittenberg. We finished our day shortly before 6pm. The club hosted a nice BBQ at the pool for everyone so I decided to hang around for some dinner.

On Wednesday, we were in the afternoon pro-am that teed off at 1:45. Kevin came out before lunch and we worked on the range. He also spent some time testing out some 2 irons. He was able to find one with a different shaft that now allows him to work the ball both ways. After lunch, we putted until our tee time. The pro-am finished about 7pm, stopped for some dinner on the way back to the hotel, and was in bed by 9pm.

Today we teed off at 9:10 with JJ Killeen and Jeff Quinney. The weather was cold and windy. Kevin played solid starting out and was 3 under through 10. He lost his tempo on the back and missed every green except the par five's. He fought hard to make pars but it finally caught up to us on the last three holes when he was unable to get those up and down. We finished at one over (72). Another thing that made it difficult today was adjusting for the high altitude. We are at 4800 ft so the ball flies much further here. Add that to the cold, windy, firm conditions...its tough!! After the round, we worked on tempo and he is feeling better about things. Looking forward to getting at it tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dewey,
    Love reading your blog and following Kevin!! Tell him the Robinson's are pulling for him. Thanks for taking the time to post as we back here in Aiken feel as though we are there! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete